In 2010, Dane County’s biodigesters were put into operation to meet a critical need in Dane County: remove phosphorus in manure from local farms to prevent it from entering runoff to the Yahara Watershed. Additionally, the biodigesters were designed to capture biogas and turn it into electricity.
Previous management faced many challenges and as a result, the biodigesters have never operated at their full potential. Clean Fuel Partners believes there is significant untapped potential.
In 2015, Clean Fuel Partners, LLC purchased the Dane County biodigester facility. Prior to the sale closing, Clean Fuel Partners financed substantial improvements on the facility to bring the biodigesters up to higher operational standards. These improvements include:
- Enhancements to operator safety (such as the addition of personal H2S monitors) [complete]
- Relocation of unattached structures to safer, higher visibility location [complete]
- Leveled out the parking lot and improved roads around the site [complete]
- New communications system for the equipment at each of the farms [in progress]
- New roof, temperature sensors, axel and mixer repairs for digester #2 [complete]
- New pressure valves for digesters #2 and #3.[in progress]
- Initiating the process of installing a new horizontal decanter centrifuge [in progress]
Further documentation, including photogalleries of the activity, will become available during the first quarter of 2016 via the Clean Fuel Partners blog & social media accounts.
Click here to view the Roof Installation Gallery.
Clean Fuel Partners will maximize the value of the biodigester for farmers and the environment. The Dane County biodigester facility was designed to accomplish goals that are central to Clean Fuel’s strategy and at the core of Clean Fuel’s expertise. Developing and implementing a plan for regular, transparent communications with the community that measure benefits to the environment is a top priority.
Clean Fuel Partners believes the Dane County biodigesters have tremendous potential to implement the latest innovations – as well as become an industry leader in developing new innovations.