The Maintenance Tech, Operator is responsible for performing highly diversified duties relating to installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. The Maintenance Tech, Operator follows the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and schedule set up by the Operations Supervisor.
Schedule is full time, Monday-Friday. Because of the nature of our work, it may be necessary for you to work overtime on occasion to maintain desired service/performance levels. Overtime is intended to meet critical needs only and must be authorized by the Supervisor. This position will be required to participate in a paid on-call schedule, which could include up to three weeknights per week and two weekends per month.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Reasonable accommodations will be made, consistent with applicable law, to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Performs highly diversified duties relating to installing and maintaining production machines and the facility’s equipment.
- Provides or arranges for emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Competently uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations and defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to supervisor.
- Utilizes CMMS software to prioritize and record maintenance tasks and inventory.
- Operates and monitors plant SCADA/HMI
- Ensures feed schedules/ratios are being met
- Informs maintenance team of alarms or malfunctions
- Ensures centrate return schedules/ratios are being met
- Takes samples and runs onsite testing
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have training and experience in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and plumbing troubleshooting and repairs.
- Valid driver’s license and clear motor vehicle report (if operating company owned vehicles)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a crew member
- Safely operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Understand how to use a multimeter
- Experience operating scissor lifts, aerial lifts and telehandlers
- Work occurs both indoors and outdoors. As a result, this role requires occasional work in temperatures above 100* and below 32*.
- Exposure to gases (methane, hydrogen sulfide) at low levels. Employees are each issued a gas meter to ensure safe levels at all time.
- Noise level in the work environment may go up to 120dB (generator) for short periods of time. Appropriate hearing protection is provided.
- Work in permit required confined spaces may occasionally be necessary.
- May walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Will climb ladder and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Regular, full time employees are eligible for the following benefits, after meeting minimum eligibility requirements.
- Paid Holidays (6), Paid Floating Holidays (3)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Coverage
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org